Professional Development Webinar Series (Sep-Dec, 2020)
Weekly webinars on timely topics for researchers at different career stages. Please find below a list of forthcoming webinars and check back to see more speakers and topics confirmed in due course.
- Grants and Funding: Grant award success – tips for your next application – Ron Boschma (University of Utrecht, The Netherlands), 09.09.2020, 12:00 BST
- Career Development: Career paths outside academia – Silva Grandi (University of Bologna, Italy), 16.09.2020, 14:00 BST
- Career Development: How to win in job interviews – Martin Jones (Staffordshire University, UK), 23.09.2020, 12:30 BST
- Virtual Events: Conquering the worldwide webinar: How to plan and deliver a webinar – Alex Holmes (Regional Studies Association, UK), 21.10.2020, 15:00 BST
- Networking: Using social media to develop your research networks – Raul Pacheco-Vega (Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas (CIDE), Mexico), 04.11.2020, 14:00 GMT
- Grants and Funding: Grant funding and open access requirements – Victoria Gardner (Taylor & Francis, UK), 02.12.2020, 13:00 GMT
- Career Development: Write a winning academic CV – speaker to be confirmed, 09.12.2020, 14:00 GMT
More information about these Professional Development Webinars can be found at https://bit.ly/profdevtrsa
Regions Cities Industry Webinar Series
Global megatrends are transforming the way we live, work, interact, finance, produce and consume. At the same time, the increasing environmental impacts of human activities have sharpened the focus on sustainability of further development. New technologies potentially provide an opportunity to address, perhaps for the first time in the history of mankind, a substantial majority of the fundamental societal challenges, from nutrition, energy availability and sustainability, to access to products, services, and information. However, these same global megatrends can also be highly divisive and therefore represent one of the biggest challenges for a global social, political and economic cohesion, and even peaceful coexistence in more than a generation. In addition, we have newly remembered our global vulnerability to shocks such as the coronavirus and there can be no doubt that this will change the world in which we live prompting new questions and new priorities.
The RSA Regions Cities Industry Webinar Series presents acclaimed researchers and policymakers addressing these questions.
Forthcoming webinars in the series
- Global Value Chains and Regional Recovery after Covid-19, 30.09.2020, 13:00 BST, 14.00 CEST
- Pathways to a Green, Equitable, Covid-19 Recovery, 28.10.2020, Time TBC
- Entrepreneurship and Regional Growth in the Long Run, 25.11.2020, 13:00 GMT, 14:00 CET
- Whatever Happened to Uneven Development? In Conversation with Professor Jamie Peck and Dr Marion Werner, 16.12.2020, 9:00 PST, 16:00 GMT, 17:00 CET
We hope to welcome you to one of the forthcoming webinars and thank you for forwarding this invitation to interested colleagues and students. An overview of all webinars can be found here: https://www.regionalstudies.org/events-and-webinars/.
All webinars are free and open to attend for all. A recording of each session will be made available on the RSA Members’ Lounge: https://bit.ly/rsawebarch.